Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting to know me......

As I said my name is meghan and I am 27yrs old. I am happily married and have been for 5yrs. My husband and I have been together since I was 16 and he makes me very happy! I grew up in Boston and lived there until last May when my hubby and I decided to pack it all up and head to the sunshine state our love of disney world was too strong to fight. We have been here about 8 months and we love it.

Now lets get into the good stuff, I have always felt that I had a weight problem. My relationship with food has never been a healthy one. I can remember sneaking food as young as 7 yrs old and hiding it in my room. My weight steadily increased after I got married and that is when the health complications started. My husband and I have had misscarriages and infertility problems for more than 5 yrs now and the recent diagnosis of PCOS has provided an explanation for the facial hair and the abnormal periods. I knew I then this weight had to come off and come off now if I had any chance of becoming a mother.

Now I have tried before but diets never worked. The food always sabotaged me, or I should say my thoughts about food. I was like a drug addict with food always obssessing about when i would get my next fix. I would binge, eat when i was happy, sad or indifferent. I set myself up for failure and sabotaged myself countless times.

I am happy to report I am finding freedom from those thoughts and actions daily, and I will chronicle the experiences I have here in this blog, I would love to say I am doing it all to help others but I am also blogging to help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment