Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lets talk about STRESS baby!!!


Hello world!!! I thought I would start with a recent pic and some stats I am currently weighing in at 171!!! I would like to take an opportunity to talk about something we all face that can seriously hinder our weight loss efforts, STRESS! So my husband and I have been going through some tough stuff lately and we have been dealing with stress factors that many Americans are facing, financial problems, marital stress, work drama to name a few. Last week was where I had the perfect storm of turmoil in my life and it was also the first time I had a gain in my weekly weigh in. I had a gain of 1/2 a pound. OK so I hear you screaming "what that's nothing go pee a couple more times and that 1/2 lb will be long gone" but it kinda threw me. I consider myself very blessed to have not had any major plateaus so far so when i am used to that scale moving down consistently and it doesn't there is a problem. I am here to tell you that stress is a major factor and sometimes it is all in your head. I had worked so hard that week, I had my first Boxing personal training session and added a session of INSANITY with my Beachbody team so I knew it was not a lack of hard work! I am proud of the fact that I did just give up and throw in the towel I just moved forward. Adam and I registered for a triathlon and I focused on preparing for that. I had an amazing weekend helping one of my besties Alli Vaughn share TURBO KICK love all over Orlando and when I got out of my own head and stopped worrying about the number guess what it started to drop!

 I am watching the Biggest Loser finale and I am reflecting on my finale, I have set a goal for my self to reach a healthy weight range between 120-140lbs by SEPT 3rd. That is 14 weeks from now and I am planning the party now because there is no doubt in my mind that I am going to get there! And when i do I am competing in a TRIATHLON!!! Yep I am gonna do that because I finally have the belief in myself that I can do anything I put my mind to! I used to be the girl who watched the Biggest Loser while eating Chinese food and chips, and now I am the girl who DVR's it so I can hit the gym before I watch and enjoy a healthy balanced weighed and measured meal while I watch. If there is any doubt in your mind whether you can achieve your dreams, or if there is anything in your life you want that seems impossible and overwhelming I am here to tell you from experience that YOU CAN DO IT!!! So what are you waiting for make something happen people!!!! LETS ALL DO THIS!

2 comments:

  1. Again I say good for you. Maybe when this is behind you, you can write a book about it all. I'll buy the first copy. :)
    Take care and keep up the good work.
    Love you, Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are going to be celebrating reaching your goal by completing a triathalon. Not only is it a goal that will keep on giving (because you will have to train for it before you do it), but it will really bring your weight-loss journey full circle! How amazing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete